*There's always someone worse off than you...but that doesn't mean that your pain doesn't count*

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Laugh of the Day

So I promise I'll get to more detailed experiences - I've already started drafting them!  As that's the main purpose, to convey my experiences...but lately I've been going through a really rough time both physically and emotionally for a number of reasons.  One thing you'll find out when I start talking a little more about my Vulvodynia and Vulvar Vestibulitis is that I'm currently in the process of getting Kenalong/Lidocaine shots (Down there- and oh yea...whatever visual or painful outch feeling you're thinking - its true) and using an ointment.  I have someone I communicate with that lives somewhat near me whom I haven't met, but we exchange stories - complain a little, ask questions and compare treatments.  She's on a naturopathic treatment route now, vs. the one I'm on and having success too may I add.

Anyway, the point of this quick  post is that I'm overwhelmed, exhausted and just feeling so low (aside from all of the pain and everything else that comes along with all of these chronice diseases) and after another of our long email exchanges- her last line was:

"Here's to normal, healthy, happy vaginas in the very, very near future for both of us..."

And that is the greatest thing I've heard in a while - something that someone who has no clue what we're dealing with would have a laugh at...but for us?  Because of all that we strugle with as far as this disease go - it just means so much more and just really turned my whole day around.  Whoda thunk at 26 that's what I'd be hoping for.....but you can't help but laugh.  Oh how friends can brighten your day...Hope you can brighten someone elses - I'm going to try to pass it on  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment